by Julie Randolph, Care Coordinator
The expense and navigation through this season of giving can become burdensome. As we work to get just the right thing to please the recipient, we often lose sight of the most valuable and priceless gifts that we already possess. Consider for a moment, that your life experience holds many things that our community needs, and requires no shopping!
- Share your family recipes in your own handwritten form
- Offer to teach classic crafts of woodworking, quilting, knitting, metal working, sewing
- Share how to stretch a dollar (methods to counter the preoccupation of consumerism)
- Make a simple treat to share with neighbors, family and friends nearby
- Offer to teach music lessons to a child after their school day
- Send encouraging handwritten cards to young moms and dads struggling with little ones
- Write or speak your wisdom in the area of your past occupation or area of specialized study
- Offer your time to simply be a listener, a wise and quiet sounding board for someone in need
- Share your understanding and practice of the sometimes lost art of etiquette
- Provide tutoring services to students in your area of expertise
- Pass on your library of classic books and historical artifacts to connect others with the past
- Offer to teach cursive handwriting and other artistry
- Offer your assistance at school science fairs
Simply put, we need you! Your life is of incredible value.
The Care Coordinators would like to wish you grace and peace during this beautiful season.
You are why we are here.