Health Benefit Assistance
Open enrollment for Medicare Part D and Medicare Advantage
is October 15th-December 7th with coverage beginning January 1st.
Take the guesswork out of what health benefits are best for you. Whether it’s Medicare enrollment, Medicare Part D prescription plans or Social Security Extra Help, Senior Services can lend a hand in wading through the abundance of health benefit choices—at no cost to you!
Senior Services has Medicare Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP) certified counselors here to assist you.
Please call our hotline at 989-633-3748 to be connected with a MMAP counselor or fill out the worksheet below and we will contact you with more information.
Senior Services Health Benefit Assistance can help you:
- Understand Medicare Health Plan Options such as Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D
- Review, compare and assist with enrollment in a Medicare Supplemental (Medigap) Plan
- Screen for and assist with enrollment in the Medicare Savings Program
- Screen for and assist with application to Social Security Extra Help (or Low Income Subsidy) for assistance with Medicare Prescription Drug Costs
- Screen for eligibility and assist with a Nursing Home Medicaid application
- Understand Medicare & Medicaid eligibility, enrollment, coverage, claims and appeals
- Understand doctor bills, hospital bills and Medicare Summary Notices
- Identify and report Medicare & Medicaid Fraud
Trained Staff & Volunteers
Senior Services has insurance counselors who are trained and certified by the State of Michigan Medicare Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP). MMAP counselors are specialists trained in Medicare & Medicaid laws and regulations. They are knowledgeable in relevant insurance products and providing health insurance counseling. Counselors are not connected with any insurance company, nor are they licensed to sell insurance. The counselor’s sole purpose is to provide objective and confidential information so you, the Medicare Beneficiary, may make an informed decision on your options.
Senior Prescription Assistance Program (SPAP)
SPAP assists Midland County residents with obtaining their medications from pharmaceutical companies at little or no cost. The individual must meet financial criteria that vary with each pharmaceutical company. SPAP assists those 50 and older.
Health Insurance Assistance Hotline at 989-633-3748 and you’ll be matched with a certified insurance counselor.
Health benefit assistance is available to Midland County residents age 60 or older with the exception of SPAP which is 50 years and older.