WHAT IS TAX-AIDE?
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is the nation’s largest free, volunteer-run tax assistance and preparation service available to taxpayers with low and moderate income, with an emphasis on senior citizens and basic returns. Volunteers are trained to assist in filing the 1040 tax form and basic schedules. Online filing ensures a more accurate tax return, faster processing of tax refunds, and requires signing the AARP Foundation information consent form. Over 25,000 AARP Tax-Aide volunteers, trained in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), now help nearly 1.0 million taxpayers file their federal, state, and local tax returns each year at thousands of AARP Foundation Tax-Aide sites nationwide.
MIDLAND TAX-AIDE SPECIFICS:
Services will be offered in 2023 on Thursdays and Fridays from February 2nd through April 14th. Free tax preparation is provided in the Barstow Shipps Wing of the Midland Community Center from 8:30 am to 4 pm by appointment only. Starting January 9th, 2023 qualified people can begin calling the Community Center at 832-7937, then press 6 or email email@example.com for their tax client appointment. Please leave a message speaking slowly with your full name and phone number; someone will call you back with available dates and times. There will NOT be walk-ins for the 2023 tax year.
Before your scheduled appointment, please pick up a tax packet at the reception desk in the 50+ Center wing of the Community Center. Packets are required to be completed PRIOR to your scheduled appointment.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT:
- The packet with specific pages completed per the instructions.
- Your social security card & picture ID. These are necessary for everyone listed on the return.
- All required tax documents
- The last 2 year’s tax return and envelopes, including all supporting documents.
- Client will be asked to reschedule their appointment if documents are missing or if the packet is not complete.
- No CITY tax returns will be prepared at the Community Center. Please contact the Saginaw VITA site by calling 211 or make an appointment at the Coleman site.
COLEMAN TAX-AIDE SPECIFICS:
Services will also be offered at the Coleman Library by appointment only starting February 15th for eight weeks. Please call 989-465-6398, to schedule an appointment.