700g/ 1.2 lb zucchinis, peeled and cut
1/2 large onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, whole
2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth (or veg broth)
2 cups (500 ml) water
1/2 tsp each garlic & onion powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup (250 ml) milk of choice
SOUP ADD INS:
1 tbsp (15g) butter or olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 large onion, finely chopped
1.5 cups carrot, peeled and finely diced
1.5 cups celery, finely chopped
1 small red capsicum/bell pepper, finely chopped
1.5 cups cooked chicken breast, diced
3/4 cup frozen peas
1. Place all broth ingredients EXCEPT milk
into a pot, cover with lid and bring to
simmer over medium high heat.
2. Lower to medium and simmer for 15
minutes until zucchinis is very soft.
3. Remove from heat, add milk. Use a
handheld blender to blitz until smooth. Add
salt to taste. Broth is finished.
4. Melt butter in a pot or large saucepan over
5. Add garlic, onion, carrot and celery. Cook
for 3 minutes, then add capsicum. Cook for
another 2 minutes until onion is translucent
6. Add broth, chicken and peas. Bring to
gentle simmer for just 2 to 3 minutes or
until peas are cooked.