Irish Soda Bread Muffins
One bowl, mix, bake for 20 minutes, and you have tasty muffins!
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 20 mins Total: 30 mins Servings:12 muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¾ cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix flour, raisins, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, caraway seeds, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk and egg together in a small bowl. Stir into flour mixture. Fold butter into the batter.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 30 minutes.
For a golden top, brush muffins with more melted butter and top with demerara sugar before baking.
Per Serving: 252 calories; protein 5.5g; carbohydrates 47.4g; fat 5g; cholesterol 27.1mg; sodium 376.7mg.