Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
The Walking with Warriors program provides comprehensive navigation, peer-to-peer support, and advocacy for veterans, military members, and their families. The main focus is to connect these groups to behavioral health and substance abuse disorder supports and programs.
- The program provides wrap-around services, such as:
- Support and assistance in submitting claims to the VA
- Working with senior veterans and surviving spouses to connect them to benefits, resources, and care
- Resources for everyday needs such as food, utilities, and housing supports
- Connections to veteran service organizations
- Access to employment and training
- Transportation supports
- And more!
SCCMHA_logo_4C The Walking with Warriors program office is located at the Saginaw County Community Mental Health Authority (500 Hancock St., Saginaw, MI 48602) which oversees three counties: Saginaw, Bay, and Midland. Dedicated office hours will be available at Midland County locations each month.
Matthew Clark is the Veteran and Military Family Navigator and regularly attends events and community engagement opportunities across Midland County. Matthew can be reached at 989-272-7375 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please visit the Saginaw County Community Mental Health Authority website at SCCMHA.org and the Walking with Warriors State of Michigan website at www.michigan.gov/mdhhs.