Trailside Activity & Dining Center
8 am-5 pm, Monday-Thursday
8 am-4 pm, Friday
Lunch is at 11:30 am
Located in the Senior Services Main Building
What to expect when you visit for lunch
- Make your reservations before 9:00am by calling 633-3790 or by signing the yellow reservation sheet, located at the center, for the appropriate date and meal.
- When you arrive, sign in on the white sheet. Donations are placed in the box next to the sign in sheet.
Help yourself to coffee or tea which is located along the wall in the little alcove.
- At 11:30 am, announcements are made, the Pledge of Allegiance is recited and a moment of silence is observed.
Lunch is served at 11:30 am. After your table number is called, you get in the meal service line and pick up your tray, silver wear, and hot meal. The salad bar is also open during this time.
- Bus your own tray after lunch.
The Trailside Senior Club meets every other month on the 3rd Wednesday at 10 a.m. The board consists of people who regularly attend the Trailside Center and they elect a President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. The Trailside Senior Club holds a 50/50 raffle every Wednesday and on special dinner days to raise money for Gift Card Bingo. They also provide feedback and offer ideas for programs, meals and events.
Thanks to funds from the Charles J. Strosacker Foundation, Friends of the Rail-Trail, and The Great Lakes Bay Invitational, an accessible pavilion is available at Trailside Center.
Use of the new, accessible, pavilion will be available at no charge. Please feel welcome to come and picnic with your family, or meet up before a walk or ride on the Rail Trail. We will not be requiring reservations at this time, but simply ask courtesy toward fellow users.
Three-Wheel Bicycle Check-out
Trailside Center offers the ability to reserve a three-wheeled bike for 4-hour time blocks once per day. The bikes are located within a shelter adjacent to the Rail Trail at the end of the Trailside building.
- Reservations for the week are available starting each Monday at 9 am. Reservations can only be made the week of desired use.
- Weekend and evening hours are available, but all reservations must be made between 9 am-4 pm Monday-Friday by calling 989-633-3700.
- Each bike may be reserved for one 4-hour block per day. Available slots are 8 am-12 pm, 12 pm-4 pm, and 4 pm-8 pm.
- Users are required to provide phone number & email when reserving, to complete a waiver of liability before first use, and to return bike to the bike rack and re-lock it by the specified end time.
- Users who do not comply with these requests will not be allowed to check bikes out in the future.
- Once registered, users will be sent an email confirmation or handed a paper copy with bike lock code and additional instructions.
If you have questions about reserving a check-out time, please call 989-633-3700!
Pere Marquette Rail Trail
The Pere Marquette Rail Trail is conveniently located adjacent to Trailside Center. The rail trail is 30 miles of paved, flat, scenic trail between Midland and Clare, Michigan. It is recognized as one of the twenty-five Rails to Trails Conservancy Hall of Fame trails in the US.