Senior Safety Team
What We Do
- Secure exterior doors
- Check and secure windows and screens
- Make sure outside entrance lights are working
- Make sure exterior areas around the house are safe
- Secure slip hazards inside the home such as, rugs, cords, etc.
- Secure stairs and handrails
- Replace ceiling light bulbs
- Put anti-slip surfaces in bath tubs
- Mount grab bars
- Put in raised toilet seats
- Install smoke alarms
- Install hand-held showers
- Complete other safety-related repairs and tasks
Tasks Unable to Do
- Roof work
- Eaves replacement or cleaning
- Plumbing projects without a shut off valve
- Crawl space work
- Lawn, garden work or snow removal
- Floor replacement
- Wash windows
- Chemical applications
- Furniture moving or rearranging
- Any job which is outside of the available talent of current volunteers
About Our Service
- Must be a Midland County Resident
- Homeowner or permission from landlord
Our hours of operation varies. Labor and parts are free to seniors in Midland County. However, donations are greatly appreciated and are used to help expand the program and help more people in the community.
For information and access to our Handyman Services,
please call 989-633-3742 and be on your way to a safe and secure place to live!
Learn More About Senior Services
Click the button below to download our FREE Guide to Services brochure.
Passion with a Purpose
AyreRhinehart Realtors of Midland featured Team Handyman volunteer, Kim Donaghy, in their latest episode of “Passion with a Purpose.” We could not further our mission without our generous volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering, call us at 989-633-3741 or visit – https://seniorservicesmidland.org/volunteer/