A lot of 30-minute dinners fail to deliver on nutrition, but not this chicken and vegetable saute. Lean chicken, fiber-rich beans, and vitamin-packed broccoli do the trick, and do so deliciously.
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 16 mins Total Time: 31 mins
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 4 medium carrots, cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts (1-1/4 pounds total), cut lengthwise into thirds
- ½ of a medium red onion, cut in thin wedges
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15 ounce can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- Fill a 3-quart saucepan about 2/3 full with water; add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling; add broccoli and carrots. Boil 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain vegetables and place in bowl of ice water to stop cooking. When cool, drain; set aside.
- Heat oil in a very large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through about 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally to brown evenly. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Add beans, broth, lemon peel, vegetables, and chicken. Cook and stir 1 minute or until heated through. Makes 4 servings.
356 calories, total fat 6g, saturated fat 1g, cholesterol 82mg, sodium 587mg, total carbohydrate 33g, total sugars 4g, protein 43g, vitamin c 49mg, calcium 121.2mg, iron 3.2mg, potassium 1096mg, folate total 137.1mcg, vitamin b-12 0.5mcg and vitamin b-6 1.1mg.
Published on June 14, 2011