SERVES 4 (MAKES 10-12) | HANDS-ON TIME 30 MIN
These sweetcorn fritters, served with an avocado salsa, make a perfect weekend brunch. These are really easy to prepare and very quick to make – so if you find yourself with a crowd to feed…
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp soured cream
- 2-3 tbsp milk (optional)
- 2 ears of sweetcorn, kernels removed with a sharp knife
- Bunch spring onions, sliced
- Olive oil for frying
- Handful cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl with a pinch of salt. Make a well in the center and add the egg and sour cream, then mix gradually using a wooden spoon, adding the milk if the mixture seems a little thick.
- Mix in the sweetcorn and half the spring onions.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry a heaped tbsp of the mixture in batches for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway, until golden brown.
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the remaining spring onions as a salsa, season and serve with the fritters.