Part D and Advantage Plan
Open enrollment for Medicare is October 15, 2018 through December 7, 2018 with coverage beginning January 1, 2019. The enrollment period is an opportunity for you to shop around for a plan that will best meet your needs in 2019. By completing a Medicare comparison at Senior Services, you may find that another plan has better coverage or has a lower premium. If you were eligible to enroll in the past but did not, this is also your chance to compare available plans and enroll.
Senior Services has Medicare-Medicaid Assistance Program certified counselors to assist you. When you meet with a counselor during Open Enrollment, they will help you:
- Explore Medicare Advantage Plans and/or Part D plans.
- Compare your current plan with two additional plans available for 2019 based on your current situation and medications.
- Review the plans’ coverage, what the premiums, deductibles and co-payments will be for 2019.
- Review Medicare plan enrollment if you decide to switch plans.
- Complete applications to Social Security Extra Help or Medicare Savings Program if you appear eligible.
Senior Services trained counselors are here to assist you with Medicare. If you have never received assistance from us before, please call our hotline at 633-3748. You will be asked to leave your information and a worksheet will be mailed to you. This worksheet needs to be completed and returned with your current information before we can schedule an appointment. You may also request this worksheet through our secure website at SeniorServicesMidland.org/MedicareWorksheetRequest.
If you have received help from us in the past, you can expect a Medicare Compare worksheet in the mail by the end of September. If you do not receive a worksheet in the mail, please call our hotline at 633-3748 to request one. You may also request this worksheet online at our secure website listed above.